During the 2016 -2017 school year, the children in class 4PK read ‘In the Nick of Time’ by Robert Swindells. The children jotted down some comments about the story. Here’s what some of them said:
- One of the teachers in the story was given the nickname ‘Two Biscuits’ – I thought this was funny.
- I like all of the little clues that made me think about what was going to happen next.
- My favourite character in the story was Charlie.
- Some of the chapters were telephone conversations – I thought this was clever.
- I really enjoyed the time slip aspect of the story.
- I liked the way that emotions changed throughout the story.
- I liked the drama and the suspense of the story – and the short chapters.
- The story really made me think – it was mysterious.
- I liked the way the author had two plots running at the same time.