At Malvern Primary School, we value the health and well-being of our community. We are excited to announce that we have signed up to the Well-being Award for Schools, administered by Award Place, in partnership with the National Children’s Bureau.
We have signed up to this award to further develop our work in promoting positive well-being and mental health for our whole school community and gain accreditation for the work we have already done. It also underpins our school strategy of ensuring our learners become caring, active citizens and achieve excellence.
About the Award
There are eight objectives to achieve within the Well-being Award Framework, containing several Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) set out within each. The award focuses on ensuring effective practice and provision is in place that promotes the emotional well-being and mental health of both staff and pupils. The award will enable us to develop these practices where necessary and help us to ensure that well-being is embedded in the long-term culture of our school. It will help us to create an ethos where mental health is regarded as the responsibility of all.
With this award, we will demonstrate our commitment to:
- Promoting mental health as part of every day school life
- Improving the emotional well-being of our staff and pupils
- Ensuring mental health problems are identified early and appropriate support provided
- Offering provision and interventions that matches the needs of our pupils and staff
- Promoting the importance of mental health awareness
- Capturing the views of parents, pupils and teachers on mental health issues
We will keep you updated about the Award via our Newsletters and Twitter page. In the meantime, if you have any ideas, suggestions or comments please feel free to get in touch via the school office. This Award is for the benefit of our whole school community: children, parents and staff, so we welcome any contributions and look forward to working with you.