Visits & Visitors
At Malvern Primary School we like to enhance our children’s learning through visits and inviting visiting specialists into school.
Below are a taste of some of our visits and visitors :
- Year 6 visited Bury to take part in an Evacuee Experience. They visited the Bury Transport Museum, Bury Art Museum and experienced a journey as an evacuee on a steam hauled train
- The Drama & Theatre club visited The Royal Court Theatre to see “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”, Speke Hall for “As You Like It”, Llandudno theatre to see “The Butterfly Lion” and the Empire Theatre to see “Blood Brothers”
- Year 5 visited Lord Derby Academy to take part in the Ross (Respect other School Students) Project
- A visit from the Community Police
- The Community Police came to talk to the whole school about Firework Safety
- Year 6 residential to London
- A Year 4 residential to Robinwood
- Reception and Year 1 visited Court Hey Park and the National Wildflower Centre as part of their Studies
- Year 3 visited Manchester Airport as part of their topic, seeing how an airport runs
- Years 3,4,5 and 6 all went swimming at the Knowsley Leisure & Culture Park
- School Council visited St Margaret Mary’s School to participate in School Council
- Year 4 visited Cadburys World to learn about the history of Chocolate and how chocolate is made as part of their topic.
- Year 1 visited Formby Beach
- Year 2 visited LDA as a culmination of 10 weeks work with a Director from LIPA ( Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts) where they performed for parents.
- As part of Year 2 topic work they visited Knowsley Safari Park
- Year 6 visited LDA for a “flight day” which included exciting activities covering many parts of the curriculum.
- Year 6 visited Liverpool Maritime museum as part of their World War 2 studies
- Year 2 and Year 6 had a visit from the Junior Chef Academy. They baked a WAR CAKE using only the ingredients available during the rationing times of World War II.
We have plenty more visits planned so why not check back soon for further updates.