Reading Quality Mark
The accreditor recognised the strengths of our school in promoting reading for enjoyment to be:
- The Reading Advocate’s drive and expertise and how he supports staff in promoting high quality children’s literature;
- The children’s enthusiasm to read, reflected in the level of book swaps, book recommendations and children choosing to attend ‘Golden Time’ book clubs;
- The range of support on the school website;
- Our regular school book fairs which bring the book shop to the children;
- Our very popular book clubs for Key Stage 1 children, Key Stage 2 children, parents and staff;
- Our above national average reading standards throughout school.